Project Moo – Projected Outcome

As many of you readers know, I’m a big classic car nut, like totally obsessed. Well over the period of last summer a new project fell into my ownership through some unforeseeable circumstances. So begins the new “Project Moo”.. I spent a lot of the summer working on the car

Moo Rebuild – Part 07

Another busy few weeks in which I’ve achieved a fair amount. I managed to remove the headlining from the old shell despite my worries of how hard it maybe. Also have removed all the trim, vinyl and remains of the interior, steering column and all. Also continued to pull the

Moo Rebuild – Part 06

Been quite busy with work and other bits so the past few weeks have been quite slow. On the 14th I moved the wiring harness, heater matrix, dash and blower units over. Collected the new sub-frame on the 28th and refitted the back axle, suspension and laid the exhaust in

Moo Rebuild – Part 05

Had a really busy 5 days working on the car this time. On the 5th I pulled the rear axle, suspension and differential from the Old shell as a single unit and located below the new shell. I continued under-sealing the new shell and removing smaller parts for a couple

Moo Rebuild – Part 04

Today was mostly pulling bits and bobs apart again. I removed the Sprint axle from the new shell once I had finally fought it around some badly distorted handbrake cable brackets. Also pulled out the fuel tank. Both to sell. Scrubbed the underside of the new shell down and cleaned

Moo Rebuild – Part 03

So after the ordeal of finding the car un-rescuable, I ordered in the new shell and engine so work has been a bit slow of late. Due to limited space, I can’t really have both shells at the same time so I spent most of the 22nd stripping out the

Moo Rebuild – Part 02

So I’ve decided to work my way from the back to the front. I am doing it this way because I can build up to the big technical jobs that way :). I started by stripping the back panel down ready for a repaint, Removed the numberplate, light clusters and

Moo Rebuild – Part 01

Setting the scene. So the Dolomite codename “Moo” is in some need of TLC. I’ve a pot of money and a mission of fixing her up. I’m looking forward to making the car look stunning again. Should be fun and I’m looking forward to the job. I’m not really the